Family Services Receptionist/Administrative
Website Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery
Archdiocese of San Francisco Catholic Cemeteries
Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery
Family Services Support Staff: Receptionist Position/Administrative Clerk
Purpose and Scope:
A Family Services Receptionist/Administrative position is a full-time non-exempt level employee who reports directly to the Family Services Manager. This position works cooperatively with the full-time Family Services Advisors and other support staff. Working within a religious, not-for-profit environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. This position is governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
– Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with office procedures.
– Professionally handles high volume of incoming calls on ten-line switchboard.
– Assists Funeral Directors and families upon arrival and coordinates handling of services with field personnel.
– Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately.
– Responds to visitor, telephone, and email inquiries.
– Maintains telecommunication system for house phone, console and radio operation.
Administrative Duties may include but are not limited to:
– Provides administrative support to the Family Services Department through activities such as light filing, mailings, and register interments.
– Schedules appointments and assists in maintaining office calendar.
– Approves and submits disposition permits to local boards of health.
– Completes decedent records and organizes files.
– Maintains supplies of informational materials for the office and mausoleum buildings.
– Coordinates clergy for First Saturday Mass schedule
– All other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Attention to detail and deadline; good time management and organizational skills; ability to multitask
– Strong knowledge of software applications, including spreadsheets, word processing and database programs (Access, Excel, Word), Unix, and the ability to learn new software.
– Interpersonal skills
– Strong verbal, written and telephone skills
– Bilingual (Spanish), preferred
Competencies and Education:
– High School Diploma, or equivalent, required
– 2 – 4 years office experience, preferred
– The position requires moderate lifting (30lbs.)
– Valid California Driver’s License with an insurable driving record
– Active practicing Roman Catholic who understands and supports the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, preferred.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 5pm. Some Saturdays
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Family Resources Manager
PO Box 1577,
Colma, CA 94014-0577.
Email: [email protected]
The Archdiocese of San Francisco employs without regard to race, color, sex, ethnic or national origin and will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com