Saint Anne of the Sunset Parish - San Francisco
REPORTS TO: Pastor
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Director/Coordinator of Religious Education
Job Summary: Recruit, develop, maintain, and administer catechetical programs for public school students and their parents in keeping with the Vision of St. Anne Church.
• Recruit students, teachers, and aides for the Catechetical program
• Develop, maintain, and evaluate catechetical programs for public school students and their parents in keeping with Archdiocesan guidelines.
• Support the parent's faith sharing program.
• Collaborate with relevant parish ministers and staff.
RECRUITMENT AND TRAINING OF VOLUNTEER PERSONNEL
• Recruit sufficient volunteers and aides to conduct the parish's catechetical programs.
• Provide regular in-services to train volunteers in basic theology, the methods of catechesis, and the use of materials to be employed in their teaching.
• Encourage volunteer catechists to obtain Archdiocesan certification and support them in these efforts.
• Provide periodic spiritual enrichment and community-building experience (e.g. – days of recollection, appreciation meals, etc.)
• Evaluate catechists yearly and offer constructive comments as needed.
• Develop a comprehensive calendar of all aspects of the catechetical program and coordinate this with the parish's master calendar.
• Arrange for use of the facilities needed to conduct the catechetical program; oversee the proper use and maintenance of these facilities.
• Maintain accurate records related to registration, attendance, and student evaluations, as well as any required documentation related to sacramental preparation and celebration.
• Attend parish staff meetings; update on matters pertaining to the catechetical program.
• Inform parents in a timely manner of program events and policies: registrations, fee/tuition policy, sacramental preparation schedule, and policies, parent meetings, enrichment opportunities, etc.
• Develop a relationship with the School Principal, school, and parish staff to ensure cooperation and mutual support.
• Develop a relationship with the Archdiocese’s Office of Religious Education (ORE) to get their assistance and support in administering the Parish’s Catechetical program.
Continuing Education and Professional Development
• Attend the annual Archdiocesan Religious Education Congress; attend appropriate workshops when offered at other times of the year.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• A good relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church
• Strong leadership and administration skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with children, teens, and adults.
• 5 years of experience working in the classroom with teens, teaching Religious Education.
• BA (MA preferred) in Religious Education or related fields (Theology, Education), or Master Catechist Certification or equivalent experience.
• Must successfully complete background screening and safe environment training
• Up to 10 hours a week (flexible)
Sunday 9:30am – 1:00pm 3.5hrs/week (approximately)
Planning and preparation (up to): 6.5hrs/week (estimate)
Pay Range is in accordance with Archdiocesan pay guidelines and the level of education and experience. $28.83-$44.58 per hour
For more information or to apply, please send resume to Fr. Daniel Nascimento, at [email protected], or call him at 415-665-1600 x 24.