Western Dominican Province - Oakland
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
LOCATION: Provincial Office (Oakland, CA)
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, 40hrs/week
Introduction: Founded in 1850, the Western Dominican Province (WDP) [Province of the Most Holy
Name of Jesus] is comprised of the Western U.S. States and is a province of the world-wide Order of
Preachers (the Dominicans).
The province supports ~140 persons in their mission to preach the Gospel for the salvation of souls,
while recruiting and training new friars for lives in the Order. Relationships and integrity are the
heart of our culture. Together they work together to create a positive impact in the lives of the
people we touch.
General Description: The Administrative Assistant will report to the Provincial Office Manager and
assists in the day to operations of the office. Must adhere to the highest levels of professional
standards, confidentiality and ethics. Must be a positive, cheerful person who enjoys working with
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Light receptionist duties which include greeting people in a friendly, respectful and
2. Receives, sorts, routes all incoming and outgoing mail, packages and deliveries.
3. Responsible for the maintaining office calendars.
4. Maintains inventory for all office supplies and equipment.
5. Opens and closes the office daily.
6. Assist the Office Manager with administrative tasks.
7. Provide administrative support for special projects and select ministries.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent attention to detail.
2. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in writing, by phone, or in
3. Proficiency using the internet, databases, automated phone systems, and web-based
4. Excellent organizational skills, multi-task and attention to detail.
5. Proficiency in the use of the MS Office Suite of products and Microsoft Teams.
6. Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently. Must be selfmotivated, flexible and handle deadlines.
7. Minimum High School Diploma/GED; college degree preferred.
Other Desired Qualifications:
1. Experience with Drupal content management system.
2. 3-5 years’ experience as Administrative Assistant.
• Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] Attn: Diana Cerin, Office Manager.