Finding the right school for your child is one of the most important undertakings you can take! The right environment will encourage your child and your family to flourish. Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts to this endeavor.
We recommend that you
1) visit the school’s Websites — to get a flavor/sense of the school;
2) find out when the school is offering family tours and schedule a tour;
3) thoughtfully consider whether this school is “right” for your family and this particular student.
Some ADDITIONAL things you can do to see if you would feel welcome and engaged with the school community are:
4) attend the main annual school fundraiser; this may be a picnic, a festival or a gala, depending upon the school. They are open to the public to attend; and you will be able to get a good sense of the school community;
5) consider joining the parish if the school is a parish school;
6) if the school permits this, have your student visit and see if they are comfortable at the school.
Best of luck in one of the most important decisions you will make in your child’s life.