Archbishop at Cathedral for
Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone will preside at several Lenten and Eastertide liturgies at the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption:
Lent and Eastertide Liturgies
- Thursday, April 6, 5:30 p.m.: The Holy Chrism Mass
- Sunday, April 9, 11:00 a.m.: Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion
- Holy Thursday, April 13, 7:30 p.m.: Mass of the Lord’s Supper (followed by silent adoration at the place of repose, St. Francis Hall, concluding with Night Prayer at 11:45 p.m.).
- Good Friday, April 14, 3:00 p.m.: Liturgy of the Passion and Death of the Lord (preceded by 1:00 p.m. Stations of the Cross; 2:00 p.m. Music with St. Brigid’s student choir; followed by 7:00 p.m. Stations of the Cross in Spanish).
- Holy Saturday, April 15, 9:00 p.m.: Easter Vigil Mass of the Lord’s Resurrection
- Easter Sunday, April 16, 9:00 a.m.: Easter Sunday Mass.
Other Masses at the Cathedral on Easter Sunday are 7:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m. in Spanish. For more detail on all the liturgies, services, and music in Lent and Easter, contact the Cathedral.